Fixing the wedding date by working with both the bride’s and groom’s families, finding a venue, catering, décor, printing invitation cards, inviting guests, transportation, submitting paperwork for marriage registration, purchasing, arranging pandit, and so on are all activities that must be performed by a couple or their family, which is undoubtedly a time-consuming task. To overcome these challenges, most couples nowadays prefer Arya samaj marriage due to its simplicity and affordability. If you are unfamiliar with this type of marriage ritual and procedure, this article is for you. So, let us start reading.
5 Primary Reasons for The Popularity of Arya Samaj Marriage
- No Caste or Religious Restrictions – The Arya Samaj wedding offers a unique opportunity to marry persons from several castes and religions. A non-Hindu couple may conduct an Arya samaj marriage after following a process known as Shuddhi. If Muslims, Christians, Parsis, or Jews choose to convert to Hinduism freely, they can do so through the Shuddhi procedure.
- Marriage Performed Following the Vedic Rituals – The Arya Samaj marriage is solemnized in Arya Samaj Mandir according to Vedic tradition and customs, and the couple may acquire their marriage certificate immediately after the wedding, which is legally valid and may be used for the rest of their life.
- Affordability – A couple must incur several fees for any type of conventional marriage, including wedding venue rental, invitation card printing, catering, lodging, transportation, marriage registration, and so on. Arya Samaj Wedding, on the other hand, enables a couple to perform the marital ceremonies as well as the registration procedure at a low cost from an approved Arya Samaj Mandir.
- Preventing Child Marriage – Arya Samaj Marriages are performed following all current laws, rules, and regulations. The groom’s minimum age for this marriage should be 21 years old, while the bride’s minimum age should be 18 years old. Following the rules, this sort of marriage tends to prevent children from marriage by breaking the law and encouraging them to obey strict regulations and restrictions.
- No dowry – To remove various societal curses during the marriage, such as dowry, couples should opt to perform marriages in India according to the laws of Arya Samaj Marriage, as Arya Samaj has been striving against the practice of dowry for a long time. If a marriage is performed according to Arya Samaj rules, the groom may not request money from the girl’s parents.
After learning the reasons for the popularity of Arya Samaj marriage in India, if any couple wishes to conduct their marriage according to Arya Samaj rituals and laws, it is recommended that they should contact an authorized Arya Samaj Mandir near their location to obtain a valid registration certificate. Thus, before contacting Arya Samaj Mandir, please assess their dependability and market reputation thoroughly. Because without a valid marriage registration certificate, your legal marriage will be incomplete and will not be accepted as proof in many circumstances.